Is Variety Really the Spice of Life? I am going to try answering this question, and more, by committing myself to having, (at least), one brand new experience a day for the next year! Through this experiment, I will be looking to see the ways that 365 days of novel experiences might change me and affect my life. This blog will tell the story of each of these experiences and will also document my observations, ponderings and thoughts. I invite you to join me in the discussion and the novelty!

Day Thirty: Late Night Snack!

Ice Cream of the Month Club - 3 Months of Gourmet Ice Cream! - FREE SHIPPING with every order!

Finally!  While neither of my children are back to 100%, both Gracie and Liam seem to be feeling better.  Which has allowed this mother to breathe a sigh of relief today, as it looks like the worst is over.  Gracie is keeping her food down and her cough no longer sounds like that of a 90 year-old smoker and Liam can sleep on his back once again!  It is time to relax and celebrate!  

Wait...  Did I say relax?  Silly me...  What I meant to say, is that it is time to start serious preparations for Liam's birthday party this weekend.  So, while Liam enjoyed the cupcakes my mother and I threw together for his party at daycare, we went into serious party shopping mode.  And, while buying party hats, cake ingredients, and those little blower thingies that I don't know the name of, I maybe, just maybe snuck in a little treat for myself!

Two-Two Train 2nd Birthday Blowouts (8) Party Supplies
"little blower thingy"
So after everyone but Gracie and I were in bed, I pulled out my late night snack...  Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack, that is!  You might recall my cravings for comfort over the past few nights?  Well, for me, nothing says comfort like a pint of Ben and Jerry's!  And the best part?  They always provide an opportunity for comfortable novelty.  This time they are giving me chocolate covered potato chips.  And let's face it, it doesn't get much more novel than that without seriously flirting with grossness!

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, 16oz a Pint (Pack of 8)
Not Late Night Snack...  But not bad, either!

At the time of my purchase, I was unaware of the drama that had been brewing about this particular flavor.  So as I told people about my plan for novelty, expecting some level of surprise in their response, I was consistently met with, "Oh.  Jimmy Fallon's ice cream flavor?  You know about his feud with Stephen Colbert?"  Ummm...  Nope.  As we cancelled our cable television subscription after the birth of our son, I find that I am often a bit out of the loop.  

I Am America (And So Can You!)

So while I don't know all of the history or drama dealing with this flavor, I DO know what I like.  And this ice cream was mighty delicious.  In fact, I kind of ended up eating the whole thing...  Directly from the pint...  With a spoon...  So much for the Great Postpartum Defrumping!  But it was GOOD!  And we are all feeling, much, MUCH better!  Thanks, Ben and Jerry!  You guys are better than therapy!

Biography - Ben & Jerry's

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate covered potato chips? In the form of ice cream? Definately very novel sounding!! Good thing you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete