Is Variety Really the Spice of Life? I am going to try answering this question, and more, by committing myself to having, (at least), one brand new experience a day for the next year! Through this experiment, I will be looking to see the ways that 365 days of novel experiences might change me and affect my life. This blog will tell the story of each of these experiences and will also document my observations, ponderings and thoughts. I invite you to join me in the discussion and the novelty!

Day Forty-Three: Look Mom! I'm Tweeting!

Follow NoveltyExpermnt on Twitter

I LOVE my readers!  And I also REALLY love my Facebook community!  From the comments, to the discussions, to the people joining me in the Novelty Challenge, I gather a great deal of inspiration from those of you who are contributing to the dialogue about novelty!  Today's novel experience was actually a special request from a friend of mine who has contributed a great deal to this project.  (What!?  You didn't know that I take requests?!)

My friend sent me a message on Facebook asking me if I have ever Twittered. (Or tweeted?  Is that the correct vernacular?).  To which I responded that I have not.  So, with a promise that we would figure it out together, I signed The Novel Experience Experiment up for a Twitter account and sent out my very first "tweet"!

While I am still learning the basics of twitter-speak and how to use my account, I have since learned how to have my blogs automatically "tweeted" to my "followers."  I am also attempting to use my Twitter account as a way of disseminating quotes and research related to novelty seeking and happiness.  This will be different from my blog, which provides information about The Experiment; and my Facebook page, which provides a more interactive forum for discussion and inspiration.  So if you are on Twitter and want to check out what is going on over there, you can find me at NoveltyExpermnt or you can click on the button below!

Follow NoveltyExpermnt on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment